The Elsik lab develops and maintains genome database resources for a variety of organisms that are important to agriculture. The group also annotates genomes and collaborates with scientists around the world in omic data analysis.
Ongoing projects include:
- Bovine Genome Database, which includes BovineMine.
- Hymenoptera Genome Database, which supports genome informatics for Hymenopteran insect species (e.g. bees, ants, wasps and sawflies) and includes HymenopteraMine.
- MaizeMine, in collaboration with MaizeGDB.
- FAANGMine, a genome data mining resource for domesticated animal species of interest to members of the FAANG (Functional Annotation of Animal Genomes) Consortium.
- AgAnimalGenomes, a collection of genome browsers based on JBrowse and Apollo for farm animal species.
- AquaMine, a genome data mining resource for aquatic eumetazoan species of importance to US aquaculture and fisheries.